A true friend is someone who understands your past, believes in your future and accepts you today, just the way you are.--- Anon
Scroll for more quotes!For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
-Virginia Woolf (1882 - 1941)
Ok. Sex is fine. Sex is good. Sex is GREAT! Okay, okay, we need men for sex... Do we need so many?
-Martin Sage and Sybil Adelman
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.
-Oscar Levant (1906 - 1972)>
Women who seek to be equal with men lack ambition.
-Timothy Leary (1920 - 1996)
Fuck vegetarians, all Gods are carnivorous.
-Margaret Atwood, The Blind Assassin
Things I Wrote
I just went on my first date since the breakup. I guess it is a good thing that I went on a date, shows I'm starting to move on and all that garbage, but did it have to be so bad? This was one of the worst dates I have ever been on in my life. This guy(I will refer to him as Bachelor #1)was incredibly self-centered. And not the "I am confident in myself so I will talk about myself and open up to you" self centered way. More the "I am going to talk and talk and you will never get a word in edgewise" way.
The following are 10 things I learned about Bachelor #1 tonight. In no way have I altered or exagerated these things for the sake of being funny or dramatic. They are all things he told me on our first date:
1. He has a wild family, including 2 sisters, 2 step-sisters, 1 step-brother, and a whole bunch of in-laws and nieces and nephews. And his youngest sister's husband is a cheating alcoholic. And his dad left when he was 2. And a whole lot more. I learned all of this about him, and I don't even think he knows I have a brother.
2. He has a patch of hair on his back. No, I did not see this, he told me all about it.
3. He thinks he will be bald so he shaved his head 6 months ago to get a preview.
4. He is a genius and most people cannot live up to his intelligence.
5. He thinks the reason that he is not getting promoted at work is because he has a boss who happens to be a woman.
6. He had a dog who had to be put down for having a bad hip. Normally, this would have endeared him and I would have been sympathetic, but not for 1/2 an hour. Plus, he knows nothing about any of my dogs because I could not get a word in.
7. If he could be any leader in history it would be Franklin Delano Roosevelt. He posed this question and answered it himself. He never asked me who I would be, and when I tried to talk about it he talked completely over me.
8. He likes a girl who can sing. He does not know that I can sing because I never got to talk about me.
9. His mother told him that the next girl he brings home better be able to cook.
10. He has a friend who wears SS memorabilia and pins from Nazi Germany on a regular basis.
These are the things he learned about me:
1. ummmmm. . . .well. . . .let me see. . . .NOTHING!
I am not exagerating, he did not talk to me or about me at all. I doubt I even needed to be present for the "conversation". Fortunately, a friend of mine happened to call during dinner and gave me a chance to escape.
Unfortunately, I don't think he got any of the hints that I did not have a good time. These hints included multiple yawns, crossed arms, and bored nods, topped off by the fact that when he leaned in for a kiss I actually took a step backwards. I could not do the head turn thing because I could not bear his lips touching me anywhere, even my cheek.
After the step backwards, he said "I had a great time, we should get together again." I completely froze. I am NOT good at doing anything that I perceive as being potentially hurtful, so I muttered a barely audible "Maybe we will" got in my car and drove away. So now I am presented with the dillema of telling him I don't want to see him again.
Dating sucks.
Sara needed you at 11:48 AM