A true friend is someone who understands your past, believes in your future and accepts you today, just the way you are.--- Anon

Scroll for more quotes!

For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
-Virginia Woolf (1882 - 1941)

Ok. Sex is fine. Sex is good. Sex is GREAT! Okay, okay, we need men for sex... Do we need so many?
-Martin Sage and Sybil Adelman

There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.
-Oscar Levant (1906 - 1972)>

Women who seek to be equal with men lack ambition.
-Timothy Leary (1920 - 1996)

Links to My Favorite People

Send me mail

Fuck vegetarians, all Gods are carnivorous.
-Margaret Atwood, The Blind Assassin

Things I Wrote

BM Oran & WH Burdine

Trying to determine what is going on in the world by reading newspapers is like trying to tell the time by watching the second hand of a clock. Ben Hecht (1893 - 1964)

EJ

Let us make one point, that we meet each other with a smile, when it is difficult to smile. Smile at each other, make time for each other in your family. Mother Teresa (1910 - 1997)

Paul

You see things;and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, "Why not?" - George Bernard Shaw

Kat

At the age of eleven or thereabouts women acquire a poise and an ability to handle difficult situations which a man, if he is lucky, manages to achieve somewhere in the later seventies-PG Wodehouse

*sara*

If you have made mistakes, even serious ones, there is always another chance for you. What we call failure is not the falling down but the staying down. - Mary Pickford

Rachel

Transported to a surreal landscape, a young girl kills the first woman she meets and then teams up with three complete strangers to kill again - unknown

Stacey

The absence of flaw in beauty is itself a flaw. - Havelock Ellis

Erika

But when a young lady is a heroine, the perverseness of forty surrounding families cannot prevent her. Something must and will happen to throw a hero in her way. - Jane Austen

Joel

Only exceptionally rational men can afford to be absurd. - Allan Goldfein

Beauty

Astronomy compels the soul to look upwards and leads us from this world to another. Plato (427 BC - 347 BC)

Seanbaby

BDSM Cafe

Funny news!

Comic

SEX!

Parental Advisory STRONGLY Suggested.

I farking love this site.

Filthy News.

Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter


Legal Advice

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Density of Lead=11340 kg/m3

Density of Men=Infinity

I am completely average looking. I am not one of those really pretty women (known by other women as "skinny bitches") trying to claim I am not hot, I just really am average. Not hot, not ugly.

But the other night Paul from It Is Not Within Me to Be Silent and I were having a conversation about getting hit on by members of the opposite sex. Now despite my lack of stellar good looks I do get hit on about once a month on average. Paul tried to claim he had NEVER had a woman approach him. Now as the night (and the alcohol) dragged on, this turned out to be not quite true. The more he thought about it, the more he could think of and ended the night at 6. zero to six in five hours, not bad. But he is still upset thinking this is not nearly enough for a guy of 27.

I, however, think he is wrong. I KNOW he's been hit on more than this. I have been at the bar with him, watched a girl practically throw herself at his feet (in spite of the fact that we were dating at the time AND she knew it) and have him later say, "What? Her? She wasn't flirting with me. She just happened to kiss my crotch while she was picking up the lipstick she dropped. And that time she sat on my lap? I'm sure she was just tired and all the chairs were full." Completely oblivious! I think for every one woman that a man KNOWS has hit on him, there are at LEAST five they didn't pay attention to.

I on the other hand, get hit on about once a month, but most of them don't really count. They are either so creepy they hardly deserve the term "human" or they really only want sex and don't want to expend the extra effort to get one of the pretty ones when they aren't going to take the time to show me to their friends anyway. Or I have to put 2 hours of effort into myself every morning to get hit on. I have nothing against actually having to get dressed up, but I only get hit on by quality when I literally spend 2 hours on myself, from make-up to manually curling my hair. Ans if that's what he wants everyday, look elsewhere.

Also, I am a dispatcher at work and have about 150 techs, 140 of which are male. I have been asked on dates by 3 of these. Now the thing about this is that these guys HAVE NEVER SEEN ME IN PERSON. Paul says I have to count these in my tally of total hits, but I think he is full of shit. These guys just have a picture of me in their minds, and the only reason it is a good one is because I am one of the only people here who answers the phone with a smile and doesn't act like it's an inconvenience to help them. This does not mean they wouldn't tuck tail and run the first time they saw me.

I will make one concesison to Paul's point, though. I will say that like a lot of average looking women I have low self esteem. One time I was hit on by a VERY HOT man and thought that there was no way it could be real so I didn't respond. In fact I got very embarassed imagining that he was making fun of me so I left. Later, he hunted me down and I found out he really meant it. So of course I let him take a dip in Lake Sara.

All in all, though, I think men have a LOT of women that "strategically place" themselves to get noticed, and the guy just doesn't notice! Men overlook women while women fight to be noticed. So guys, next time a woman asks for a ride somewhere, or for something as innocuous as chewing gum, think about it. She might not really need a ride, and sometimes she has chewing gum in her purse. But there she is, putting herself in front of you. And you never noticed. . . . .
|

Sara needed you at 11:23 AM

-•-