A true friend is someone who understands your past, believes in your future and accepts you today, just the way you are.--- Anon

Scroll for more quotes!

For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
-Virginia Woolf (1882 - 1941)

Ok. Sex is fine. Sex is good. Sex is GREAT! Okay, okay, we need men for sex... Do we need so many?
-Martin Sage and Sybil Adelman

There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.
-Oscar Levant (1906 - 1972)>

Women who seek to be equal with men lack ambition.
-Timothy Leary (1920 - 1996)

Links to My Favorite People

Send me mail

Fuck vegetarians, all Gods are carnivorous.
-Margaret Atwood, The Blind Assassin

Things I Wrote

BM Oran & WH Burdine

Trying to determine what is going on in the world by reading newspapers is like trying to tell the time by watching the second hand of a clock. Ben Hecht (1893 - 1964)

EJ

Let us make one point, that we meet each other with a smile, when it is difficult to smile. Smile at each other, make time for each other in your family. Mother Teresa (1910 - 1997)

Paul

You see things;and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, "Why not?" - George Bernard Shaw

Kat

At the age of eleven or thereabouts women acquire a poise and an ability to handle difficult situations which a man, if he is lucky, manages to achieve somewhere in the later seventies-PG Wodehouse

*sara*

If you have made mistakes, even serious ones, there is always another chance for you. What we call failure is not the falling down but the staying down. - Mary Pickford

Rachel

Transported to a surreal landscape, a young girl kills the first woman she meets and then teams up with three complete strangers to kill again - unknown

Stacey

The absence of flaw in beauty is itself a flaw. - Havelock Ellis

Erika

But when a young lady is a heroine, the perverseness of forty surrounding families cannot prevent her. Something must and will happen to throw a hero in her way. - Jane Austen

Joel

Only exceptionally rational men can afford to be absurd. - Allan Goldfein

Beauty

Astronomy compels the soul to look upwards and leads us from this world to another. Plato (427 BC - 347 BC)

Seanbaby

BDSM Cafe

Funny news!

Comic

SEX!

Parental Advisory STRONGLY Suggested.

I farking love this site.

Filthy News.

Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter


Legal Advice

Powered by Blogger

Monday, September 27, 2004

One Sentence to Change a Life



Seventh grade


I was a teenage girl going through problems. The same ones that all teenage girls do, but I felt like no one else had ever gone through or ever would go through anything like I was. I was belligerant at school, hated my mother, lost my virginity (yes, I was 13) and felt like the world was against me.


Black clouds in my eyes, pain in my heart


I became depressed, not eating, not sleeping, not doing anything. My mother put me into counseling. A 40 year old man who (I thought) could never understand the world of a fifteen year old girl. I refused to speak to him.


Rescue attempts


In school I was as beligerent as I could be. I would even walk out of class if i got bored, or wanted attention. The principal took an interest in "saving" me and that made me worse, more angry and uncontrollable.


The fatal words


One day I guess my mother got tired of all of it. She said to me, "I don't care how you feel on the inside, i want to see a smile on the outside." It hurt. It hurt to even think that my mother didn't care. It hurt to think that she didn't care about my feelings. I felt that grip, the squeeze in my chest, and that out of breath feeling. I took it to heart. It's how I live to this day.


Faking it


I try not to let anyone know when things bother me. When I moved to Michigan, I gained the nickname Sunshine. This was NOT because I was always happy, this was because I NEVER let anyone see when I was not. Because of one sentence, I think people won't really care what I am feeling.


The silent treatment


My mother and I do not talk. Oh, I call her every once in a while and we chat. She tells me about all the family members that I don't remember and I pretend to care so she won't feel hurt. I tell her everything happy that happens to me, and gloss over anything bad. I hear her voice, she hears mine. But we don't talk.


Digging for secrets


During my senior year in high school, she would call my best friend after I got home and ask HER how my day went, instead of talking to me. She knew that if she asked me, she would just get a "fine" or even a "great" no matter how bad things had been. She had earned that.


Always smiling, never frowning


To this day I am afraid she meant it. I know she loves me, but i am afraid she still wants to see the smile and not tears, happiness but not doubt, and absolutely no anger. All of this from one sentence she said in the heat of anger or annoyance 13 years ago. A sentence I doubt she even remembers.


Dire warnings


So I guess this is a caution and a question. A caution because i want you to think of what one sentence said in anger or annoyance can do. It can do damage. It can destroy your relationship with that person forever. And a question because I am wondering if anyone else has ever had one sentence affect them in a profound way, good or bad. And whether they still hold the pain with them the way that I do.

|

Sara needed you at 7:37 PM

-•-