A true friend is someone who understands your past, believes in your future and accepts you today, just the way you are.--- Anon
Scroll for more quotes!For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
-Virginia Woolf (1882 - 1941)
Ok. Sex is fine. Sex is good. Sex is GREAT! Okay, okay, we need men for sex... Do we need so many?
-Martin Sage and Sybil Adelman
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.
-Oscar Levant (1906 - 1972)>
Women who seek to be equal with men lack ambition.
-Timothy Leary (1920 - 1996)
Fuck vegetarians, all Gods are carnivorous.
-Margaret Atwood, The Blind Assassin
Things I Wrote
I know it's been a long time since I've posted, but I didn't want this blog to become a sad self pity party, and I knew if I posted anything that soon it would just be another sad sad thing bemoaning my lot in life. But I am finally ready to post something that's not self pitying. This doesn't mean I am OK yet, but it does mean that someday I will be. So on to the post!
I'm reading this book called Catch-22. So far it's weird, and annoying, but I've been told it is wonderful so I am going to wade my way through it. (Plus, I am only on page 38 so I can't really judge yet.) Despite its annoying qualities I did run into an interesting concept.
There is a man who wants the longest life possible so he is doing everything he can to make it boring. He claims that boredom makes time go slower so technically he lives longer than those who have happy and fulfilled lives. I guess when you think about it he might be right. When I'm bored time does seem to creep by, and if perception is reality than a day full of boredom really is longer than a day full of fun!
Let's take two people who live to be 80 years old. One of them has a life full of love, happiness, and great moments, the other has a life full of boredom. Not necessarily misery, but boredom. Is it possible that the happy man whose life flew by really only lived 30 years, and the man whose life was full of boredom lived 200 years? It's a thing to ponder.
I will leave you with this quote from the book:
"Well maybe it is true," Clevinger conceded unwillingly in a subdued tone. "Maybe a long life does have to be filled with many unpleasant conditions if it's to seem long. But in that event, who wants one?"
"I do," Dunbar told him.
"Why?" Clevinger asked.
"What else is there?"
Sara needed you at 7:36 AM