A true friend is someone who understands your past, believes in your future and accepts you today, just the way you are.--- Anon

Scroll for more quotes!

For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
-Virginia Woolf (1882 - 1941)

Ok. Sex is fine. Sex is good. Sex is GREAT! Okay, okay, we need men for sex... Do we need so many?
-Martin Sage and Sybil Adelman

There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.
-Oscar Levant (1906 - 1972)>

Women who seek to be equal with men lack ambition.
-Timothy Leary (1920 - 1996)

Links to My Favorite People

Send me mail

Fuck vegetarians, all Gods are carnivorous.
-Margaret Atwood, The Blind Assassin

Things I Wrote

BM Oran & WH Burdine

Trying to determine what is going on in the world by reading newspapers is like trying to tell the time by watching the second hand of a clock. Ben Hecht (1893 - 1964)

EJ

Let us make one point, that we meet each other with a smile, when it is difficult to smile. Smile at each other, make time for each other in your family. Mother Teresa (1910 - 1997)

Paul

You see things;and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, "Why not?" - George Bernard Shaw

Kat

At the age of eleven or thereabouts women acquire a poise and an ability to handle difficult situations which a man, if he is lucky, manages to achieve somewhere in the later seventies-PG Wodehouse

*sara*

If you have made mistakes, even serious ones, there is always another chance for you. What we call failure is not the falling down but the staying down. - Mary Pickford

Rachel

Transported to a surreal landscape, a young girl kills the first woman she meets and then teams up with three complete strangers to kill again - unknown

Stacey

The absence of flaw in beauty is itself a flaw. - Havelock Ellis

Erika

But when a young lady is a heroine, the perverseness of forty surrounding families cannot prevent her. Something must and will happen to throw a hero in her way. - Jane Austen

Joel

Only exceptionally rational men can afford to be absurd. - Allan Goldfein

Beauty

Astronomy compels the soul to look upwards and leads us from this world to another. Plato (427 BC - 347 BC)

Seanbaby

BDSM Cafe

Funny news!

Comic

SEX!

Parental Advisory STRONGLY Suggested.

I farking love this site.

Filthy News.

Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter


Legal Advice

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, March 10, 2005

Doesn't Anyone Fuck Anymore?




When I hear the words "I want to make love to you" or "let's make love!" I cringe a little on the inside, and immediately start inching away from the person who said it. I honestly hate these words. At the best they are cheesy and reminiscent of a bad Harlequin (I can just hear the words "throbbing member" coming sometime in the next three minutes.) At the worst, they are an outright lie and sometimes supremely creepy!



First of all, if we are dating and in love with each other there is no need for these words, we are just two people in love having sex. At this point, I want to do whatever by whatever name you want to call it and have you say "I love you" to me during it. When I hear "making love" under these circumstances, it almost feels like a way to use the word love so you don't end up in the doghouse without actually saying the scary three words phrase(yes, it is a scary phrase for me too.) Plus, it is so cheesy it can sometimes even be a total turn off!



Second situation is where we are just dating, or seeing each other, not necessarily exclusively, and definitely not in love. If this is the case, the words "make love" echo as supremely hollow and without meaning. I take the word love VERY seriously. If it leaves my mouth, I mean it. If it enters my ears, I want to know you mean it too. When I hear it in this situation it makes me either want to laugh at you for being so naïve and using such an inappropriate word, or run away from you as fast as I can and find someone who understands that you don't use the word love in ANY context until you are in love! There are plenty of men out there who get that concept, and appreciate that I get it too. Trust me on this.



The third instance of this is actually what inspired this post in the first place. There is a guy at work who I went to a movie with a couple of months ago. It was not a date, it was more like the two of us had to work late, it was a Saturday night, and neither of us had anything to do after work so we went to the theater a mile down the road and watched a movie. Nothing happened, but we did exchange numbers. Since then we have talked to each other on the phone and seen each other at work sometimes but we never saw each other outside of work again. I didn't feel like I was ready to date yet, and I try not to lead people on.



Lately, I had started to think that maybe I was ready so we stared talking on the phone more and sending each other text messages when I was at work. We were ALMOST to the point where I was going to say OK to a date, in fact, we were discussing what we were going to do or where we were going to go, all that was left was to pick a date and time. Then, in the middle of this discussion, I get the text message "I can't wait to make love to you."



WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!?



We have not even been on a date yet! No kiss yet, no hand holding yet. We have not even ridden anywhere in the same car together! And unless 1 tub of popcorn and two cherry cokes as dinner, we haven't done ANY first datey type stuff. And you are sending me THIS message?



Jest to clarify, the words make love do NOT automatically translate into "Oh! He really IS my romantic knight in shining armor because he doesn't just want to have sex, he wants to Make Love! Swoon!" when they enter a woman's mind. In fact, this translated more into "I am a creep and the only reason I have been talking to you and patient with you for the last two months is to get some so hurry up bitch and lets get it on!"



Yeah. Creepy.

|

Sara needed you at 12:18 PM

-•-