A true friend is someone who understands your past, believes in your future and accepts you today, just the way you are.--- Anon
Scroll for more quotes!For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
-Virginia Woolf (1882 - 1941)
Ok. Sex is fine. Sex is good. Sex is GREAT! Okay, okay, we need men for sex... Do we need so many?
-Martin Sage and Sybil Adelman
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.
-Oscar Levant (1906 - 1972)>
Women who seek to be equal with men lack ambition.
-Timothy Leary (1920 - 1996)
Fuck vegetarians, all Gods are carnivorous.
-Margaret Atwood, The Blind Assassin
Things I Wrote
I was watching tv tonight and I saw a commercial that I had seen many times before.
"What should I do?" says the innocent child from the car seat in the back of the mini-van.
"Should I go to the neighbors?" says the little girl across the breakfast table.
"Where should I go?" says the little boy before he swings his bat at his little league game.
"Do we have a plan?" asks the kid while he plays catch with his dad in the backyard.
"Will you come find me?" asks the kid as he peers over his skateboard.
I thought it was the same one that I had seen so many times before. The "Talk to your kids about what to do in case of a house fire" commercial. The one that says talk about the house exits, talk about what to do if there is smoke, where to meet your family outside of the house. You know the practical stuff. The commercial where running to the neighbors house makes snese because the neighbors house probably isn't on fire if yours is.
It wasn't a commercial about talking to your kids about what to do in case of a housefire. How could I tell? because of the next line I heard.
The narrator:
"There is no reason not to have a plan in case of a terrorist attack."
WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?
Really, WHAT?!?!?!?!
Run to the neighbors house? If there really is a terrorist attack I am assuming the neighbors house is probably just as under attack as yours. i don;t know of many international terrorist attacks that only affected one house.
Make a plan? Make a plan for which attack? The nuclear bomb? The dirty bomb? The airplanes? the crop duster that drops some white powder containing who knows what? How do you plan for a terrorist attack when there is an infinite number of forms it could come in?
And then could there be a more fear mongering commercial? This strikes at the most vulnerable person in the united states-The Parent. This commercial basically says that if you aren't afraid that you will be attacked every day and you haven't taught your children that they could be attacked every day then you are a BAD PARENT. Isn't the terror alert thing bad enough? Now we have to run terror commercials?
Of course this commercial was paid for by Homeland Security.
I know this post is kind of rambling, but it is an emotional reaction written within 5 minutes of seeing this commercial for the first time.
Sara needed you at 8:16 PM