A true friend is someone who understands your past, believes in your future and accepts you today, just the way you are.--- Anon
Scroll for more quotes!For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
-Virginia Woolf (1882 - 1941)
Ok. Sex is fine. Sex is good. Sex is GREAT! Okay, okay, we need men for sex... Do we need so many?
-Martin Sage and Sybil Adelman
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.
-Oscar Levant (1906 - 1972)>
Women who seek to be equal with men lack ambition.
-Timothy Leary (1920 - 1996)
Fuck vegetarians, all Gods are carnivorous.
-Margaret Atwood, The Blind Assassin
Things I Wrote
When I was 17 I auditioned and got into a national band. It was more awesome than it sounds because all of the members met in New York, practiced for a week, and then took off for Europe where we toured and gave concerts. We started in Amsterdam, went through Italy, Switzerland, Germany, France, Spain, probably a few other places I am forgetting and ended in London. We even performed inside St. Paul's Cathedral(where Diana and Charles got married). But even though that was all VERY cool(thanks mom and dad!) this isn't a post about Europe, it's a story about a friend named Peter and a beach.
When I got to New York I thought I would be spending my Summer with people I had never met before. I was very surprised when a friend of mine from a few other national bands I had been in was there. Naturally we gravitated towards each other and a group of people formed around us. There were about 10 of us that were always together. But between the practicing and the performances we barely got any time to ourselves. When we were in Switzerland we had one day where we only had a 3 hour practice in the morning and then they were giving us the rest of the day to explore. They told us all these different places we could go and one of them was a beach. Peter and i talked it over, and we decided to spend the day just the two of us to relive some old times instead of with the whole group. The beach was supposed to be a 1 mile walk through the town and the whole thing was on a cliff. All in all it was supposed to be a very enjoyable walk downhill(we forgot about coming back up, but thats another story)to a beautiful beach.
We asked around and nobody else seemed inclined to walk that far so we decided to go there. We walked to the beach and when we got there, there was a big fence around the beach and we had to pay to get in. It was the equivalent of about $15.00 but we figured it was worth it. We had to go into separate rooms to change and then we met on the beach.
It was GORGEOUS! The sand was beautiful and clean and i dug my toes as far into it as I could with every step, just to feel the silkiness of it between my toes. We walked down to a spot near the beach and set our stuff down near a woman that was sunbathing. We laid out our towels and then went into the water. When we got into the water away from everyone else i turned to Peter and said, "Peter, did you notice anything different about this beach?"
He glanced around and then looked back at me. "Not really, why?"
"Peter! They are naked!"
"WHAT?!?"
"Yeah, naked! That woman that we put our stuff down next to had no clothes on and she was laying on her back! That guy over there diving in off the dock? He is naked!"(side note-the woman by our towels was beautiful, the man on the dock, not-so-much)
peter looked around for a minute, and then looked over at where our stuff was laying next to the woman. He tried to play it cool, but he just couldn't hold it in any longer. he looked at me and then made one of the lamest lies I have ever heard.
"Sara, I uh, well, I need to go look at my watch and see what time it is."
I laughed and pretended I believed that he was really concerned with the time. I watched him go to our towels and pretend to look at his watch. he came back into the water and looked at me with a weird smile.
"What?" I asked.
"well. . . . ."
"What?" I started to laugh at the look on his face. "Did you like it?"
"Well, I didn't realize that when women laid on their backs everything flopped to the sides like that."
Sara needed you at 3:55 PM