A true friend is someone who understands your past, believes in your future and accepts you today, just the way you are.--- Anon
Scroll for more quotes!For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
-Virginia Woolf (1882 - 1941)
Ok. Sex is fine. Sex is good. Sex is GREAT! Okay, okay, we need men for sex... Do we need so many?
-Martin Sage and Sybil Adelman
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.
-Oscar Levant (1906 - 1972)>
Women who seek to be equal with men lack ambition.
-Timothy Leary (1920 - 1996)
Fuck vegetarians, all Gods are carnivorous.
-Margaret Atwood, The Blind Assassin
Things I Wrote
So I am going to lose some weight. And this time I mean it. In fact not just some weight, I am going to lose 50 pounds and at the end I will be a size 10. Now let me point out that this was what i weighed at the end of basic training and that was three pretty intense months. And now I have to get there all on my own, no Drill Sergeants to wake me up at 5 am and make me go for the 5 mile jog.
So this is what I am doing. 1500 calories a day. That is how many calories i am supposed to ake in for my target weight and to maintain once I get there. I am starting a food journal to help me keep track of my calories too.
Then there is the most painful thing. I gave up Mt Dew! Oh the pain!! I have found that I don't really miss the caffeine. What I do miss is the sugary fizzy goodness of it on my tongue. Do you think it would be too much to just swish it around on my tongue and then spit it out so I don't swallow it? I mean some smokers hold an unlit cigarette when they quit, this would be the same, right? yeah I know. A little too "eating disorder in training" so I will go completely without.
I am also currently searching for an exercise regime. I got a stepper at christmas time, and I have started using that more than I was. But that is not enough. Today I am trying yoga. In fact I am doing yoga right now, but it is so boring I had to stop the tape and take a posting break. So I don't think it will be Yoga for me. If anyone has any suggestions I would be happy to hear them! And no, a gym membership is not in the budget right now so I need home fitness remedies.
You would think that I could just think back to basic training, but I really thinkg I need a Drill Sergeant to keep me focused on workouts that intense. Anyone know where I can borrow a good Dtill Sergeant?
Sara needed you at 10:27 AM