A true friend is someone who understands your past, believes in your future and accepts you today, just the way you are.--- Anon
Scroll for more quotes!For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
-Virginia Woolf (1882 - 1941)
Ok. Sex is fine. Sex is good. Sex is GREAT! Okay, okay, we need men for sex... Do we need so many?
-Martin Sage and Sybil Adelman
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.
-Oscar Levant (1906 - 1972)>
Women who seek to be equal with men lack ambition.
-Timothy Leary (1920 - 1996)
Fuck vegetarians, all Gods are carnivorous.
-Margaret Atwood, The Blind Assassin
Things I Wrote
Kat wrote a post about getting her son enrolled in his new school, and the things kids will say!(If you haven't read it take a moment, it is milk squirting out your nose funny.) In the comments, Paul related this story:
One time my dad and I were joking about decapitation in a bookstore, when the cashier said we shouldn't joke about things like that. She then related the horrific story about her brother getting his head cut off by a chain while on an Aircraft Carrier. When the planes come in, there's a chain that grabs them to keep them from rolling off the carrier. He was standing too close and SWICK! off with his head.
My dad and I stood there, chastised. Then I asked the million dollar question:
Did they find the head?
She said nothing.
My dad looked at me, stone faced, paid for our books and we left. As soon as we got to the car, he laughed his ass off and told me that I shouldn't ask questions like that.
Ok, when I read this I laughed my ass off! I could picture the look on Paul's face when he asked the question and the look on his dad's face when he got into the car and erupted in laughter.
Then I had a thought-
I can picture this as a movie sequence in my head. All slow motion of course, for the drama. First we see a slow motion shot of the head as it flies through the air end over end-flipping. . . . flipping. . . . flipping. Then we see a soldier doing a baywatch style slow motion run towards it, intense concentration etched in the lines on his face. Then back to the head, still flipping. . . . flipping. . . . flipping. Then the the baywatch soldier, now his tongue is licking his lips in intense concentration. Back to the head flipping. . . . flipping. . . . still flipping but now on it's downward decent. A quick flash of the crowd of other soldiers, frozen in horror, but with a silent cheer of hope on their lips. Back to the baywatch soldier starting his dive, his short but slightly curly hair waving slowly in the wind. Back to the head flipping and almost over the rail. Quick flash of the crowds as they gasp, some covering their mouths in repressed horror or naseua. Back to the baywatch soldier as the tension builds and builds some more! Will he make it?!??! No one knows!
Then flash to his outstretched hands, they can barely reach the head! The crowd gasps, and does he have it? YES! YES HE DOES! We flash to the crowd, they jump up and down cheering, all still in slow motioin. Then back to the soldier, he holds the head up in victory!
Then forgetting himself in the heat of the moment, he relives his old high school football glory days, lets out a huge victory yell, and spikes the head. And it falls over the edge of the boat.
I know, I'm going to hell.
Sara needed you at 9:30 AM