A true friend is someone who understands your past, believes in your future and accepts you today, just the way you are.--- Anon
Scroll for more quotes!For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
-Virginia Woolf (1882 - 1941)
Ok. Sex is fine. Sex is good. Sex is GREAT! Okay, okay, we need men for sex... Do we need so many?
-Martin Sage and Sybil Adelman
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.
-Oscar Levant (1906 - 1972)>
Women who seek to be equal with men lack ambition.
-Timothy Leary (1920 - 1996)
Fuck vegetarians, all Gods are carnivorous.
-Margaret Atwood, The Blind Assassin
Things I Wrote
I moved and there is a mall right across the street from me now. There is a sears auto in the back of the parking lot and my brakes went out. So it only makes sense that I take my car to Sears. it's right across the street, what could go wrong?
I head out of my parking lot and cross the street. So far so good. I then go and turn into the mall parking lot. Immediately when you enter the mall parking lot there are three choices. Turn right, turn left, or go straight. Still seems simple right? I decided to go straight so I could get close to the building.
I start to drive forward and as I get close to the mall I realize that the road starts to dip down. And at the end of it there is a great gaping maw that leads to the underbelly of the mall. I start to panic but I push it down. After all there were NO signs at the entrance of this saying "Do Not Enter" "Trucks Only" "Beware all Ye Who Enter Here" or anything of the like. I figured there had to be a last minute exit before you ended up under the mall for people like me who had never been to this mall before and didn;t know that going straight was taboo.
But I was wrong. I got to the open hole, took a deep breath, and pushed the gas pedal. I plunged from the sunlight into the darkness of the dungeon like delivery level of the mall. It was wide in the middle and there was a ledge that ran around the edge that people from inside the stores could walk on and the trucks could deposit their goods on. The whole thing was dark and surreal. I had no idea where I was going, but fortunately everything was one way.
I passed a bunch of guys smoking cigarettes up on one of the ledges and I had to stare straight ahead. I am so self centered that I was sure that they were all laughing at me. Turns out they really had nothing better to do because in my rear view mirror I saw one of the guys pointing at me, and it looked like another one was waving at me. I of course pretended I didn;t see them and kept going.
About 5 turns later I ran into a dead end. There was an industrial sized garage door at the end. I however didn't know how to open it so I could get out. I was afraid to turn around because it was one way and my little beetle would definitely lose against a delivery truck! I was near tears when I realized there was a sign that said "Pull Forward and Door Will Open". Well, I pulled forward. The door didn't open. I started to freak out a little, but then decided that I could swallow my pride and walk back to where those guys were and ask them how to get out. I backed up and looked for somewhere to park my car. There was nowhere! It was just one bit tunnel where I was. All the docks were so far back I didn't feel safe going after them.
I pulled back up to the door and it still didn't open. I was so frustrated with my situation and angry at myself for being down there that I just drove back and forth about 10 feet a couple of times. Apparently the sensor doesn't have good aim, or my car was too small, or God was just trying to teach me patience because that worked. The doors opened and I swear I heard a choir singing in harmony while the light shone down on my car!
Then I drove to the car place and got my brakes done. Kind of anti-climactic, isn't it?
Sara needed you at 5:37 PM