A true friend is someone who understands your past, believes in your future and accepts you today, just the way you are.--- Anon
Scroll for more quotes!For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
-Virginia Woolf (1882 - 1941)
Ok. Sex is fine. Sex is good. Sex is GREAT! Okay, okay, we need men for sex... Do we need so many?
-Martin Sage and Sybil Adelman
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.
-Oscar Levant (1906 - 1972)>
Women who seek to be equal with men lack ambition.
-Timothy Leary (1920 - 1996)
Fuck vegetarians, all Gods are carnivorous.
-Margaret Atwood, The Blind Assassin
Things I Wrote
This post is going to offend people that consider themselves true book lovers. And I don;t mean readers, or lovers of the written word. I mean people who love books-the pages, the covers, the binding, the printing. I am about to say something that will make these people gasp.
I break the spines of my books.
It doesn't matter, paperbacks, hardcovers, first editions, signed, I break them all(sometimes even borrowed but that is out of habit. I replace them when that happens). If I thought a book was boring or poorly written and didn't finish it you can tell because the book will fall open right to the last page that I read.
The thing is that I, too, am a book lover. When I have time I can read 3-5 books a week, and when I don't have time I still manage to get 1-2. And yes, I consider myself a book lover, not just a reader. I love the printed word. I love the smell of the pages, the feel of a glossy dust jacket and the pure feel of the less smooth cover once I have taken the dust jacket off. I love the way the books look on my shelves. I love the feel of the rougher pages, and yes, I love the feel of the spine cracking under my fingers.
I worship the books, and cracking the spine is my way of doing so. People who profess to love books but don't want them to appear "used" have lost site of a books purpose. Why have a book sitting around looking as if it were new?
there is no better way to show love for a book then to have the next person who picks it up be able to tell that the last person who handled it read it thoroughly and loved every single page of it.
Sara needed you at 11:30 PM