A true friend is someone who understands your past, believes in your future and accepts you today, just the way you are.--- Anon

Scroll for more quotes!

For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
-Virginia Woolf (1882 - 1941)

Ok. Sex is fine. Sex is good. Sex is GREAT! Okay, okay, we need men for sex... Do we need so many?
-Martin Sage and Sybil Adelman

There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.
-Oscar Levant (1906 - 1972)>

Women who seek to be equal with men lack ambition.
-Timothy Leary (1920 - 1996)

Links to My Favorite People

Send me mail

Fuck vegetarians, all Gods are carnivorous.
-Margaret Atwood, The Blind Assassin

Things I Wrote

BM Oran & WH Burdine

Trying to determine what is going on in the world by reading newspapers is like trying to tell the time by watching the second hand of a clock. Ben Hecht (1893 - 1964)

EJ

Let us make one point, that we meet each other with a smile, when it is difficult to smile. Smile at each other, make time for each other in your family. Mother Teresa (1910 - 1997)

Paul

You see things;and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, "Why not?" - George Bernard Shaw

Kat

At the age of eleven or thereabouts women acquire a poise and an ability to handle difficult situations which a man, if he is lucky, manages to achieve somewhere in the later seventies-PG Wodehouse

*sara*

If you have made mistakes, even serious ones, there is always another chance for you. What we call failure is not the falling down but the staying down. - Mary Pickford

Rachel

Transported to a surreal landscape, a young girl kills the first woman she meets and then teams up with three complete strangers to kill again - unknown

Stacey

The absence of flaw in beauty is itself a flaw. - Havelock Ellis

Erika

But when a young lady is a heroine, the perverseness of forty surrounding families cannot prevent her. Something must and will happen to throw a hero in her way. - Jane Austen

Joel

Only exceptionally rational men can afford to be absurd. - Allan Goldfein

Beauty

Astronomy compels the soul to look upwards and leads us from this world to another. Plato (427 BC - 347 BC)

Seanbaby

BDSM Cafe

Funny news!

Comic

SEX!

Parental Advisory STRONGLY Suggested.

I farking love this site.

Filthy News.

Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter


Legal Advice

Powered by Blogger

Friday, September 29, 2006

10 Reasons I Should be Grateful I am Single



1-I am fat enough.


"We've all been there--you get into a relationship, and suddenly you're trying out new recipes all the time and cuddling instead of exercising. Well, things tend to get worse with marriage. A recent Cornell University study found that women generally gain five to eight pounds in the first few years of marriage and unhappily married women gain an average of 54 pounds in the first 10 years."



2. I am just starting my new career path.


"It's amazing what you can accomplish when you have the time, the quiet and the lack of familial responsibilities. In fact, your premarital motivation to excel in life may be biologically programmed."



3. I despise doing the dishes.


"You know that saying about a tree falling in a forest and there's no one there to hear it? Well, if you leave a sock on the floor but there's no one else there to see it, does it really need to be picked up? If you're a single woman, you can contemplate deep questions like this one because you have more free time. According to one study published in the Journal of Marriage and Family, women do less housework when single than when married. Men, on the other hand, do more housework when unmarried (that's probably because there's someone picking up after them once they're wed...). So the message here is for unmarried women to enjoy their less chore-filled life; fill those free hours with classes, good books, blabbing with friends--whatever makes you happy."



4. I like my gamecube, PS2, Red couch, Nintendo DS, and my ugly underwear.


"Go ahead: Splurge on that pricey moisturizer or that obscenely large plasma TV you've been lusting after. You don't have to justify your purchase to anyone but yourself. Once you mix money with marriage, though, things change--and fast."


5. I will take quality over quantity.


"Married couples may have more sex (approximately 98 times a year vs. singles' 49), but single people have better sex. According to a recent study published in the British Medical Journal, married women are significantly more likely to report problems with their sex lives than single women."



6. I love sleeping 7-9 hours a night.


"Studies confirm that single people generally get more rest -- seven to eight hours of sleep a night -- than married couples, which enhances memory, mood and concentration, as well as allows your immune system to recharge. And, according to scientists at the University of Luebeck in Germany, creativity and problem-solving may directly correlate with getting enough sleep."




7. I want to keep loving myself!


"One report by the World Health Organization indicated that married women, especially ones with children, have a higher risk for depression than single women, and researchers at the University of London found that single women generally have fewer mental-health issues."



8. I really don't need another reason to stay home.


"Here's another way to look at this: 'Singles don't rely on just one person to meet their needs. You don't automatically know who you're going to spend Friday night with,' says Sasha Cagen, author of Quirkyalone: A Manifesto for Uncompromising Romantics. 'The plus side is that you have a lot of different people in your life and potentially a greater sense of social possibilities.'"



9. I know I still get to fall in love again someday.

"'I have lived abroad, backpacked for close to a year, have been in love three times and much more,'" says Courtney Davis, 27, a media-relations manager in Boston. 'With every place and every person, my world has expanded.'"



10. He'll never have me at hello.


"'When people get married young, they often feel like the other person will complete them, and they have trouble moving past that Hollywood myth,' explains Chase. 'But maturity brings so much, because if you're able to communicate who you are and what you want, the better your chances of having a successful marriage.'"



The quoted parts of this article are totally ripped off from an article on Comcast.net. Only 10 sentences of this post are actually original. But the sentiment is still mine.

|

Sara needed you at 3:26 AM

-•-